Our Group Lessons are scheduled classes where archers can continue their learning. Each class is designed to teach at specific skill levels. These lessons are scheduled throughout the week and require reservations. A FamilyFun Archery instructor will evaluate each archer and determine the level class most appropriate. Below are criteria we use to help determine the archer’s skill level:
Beginning Group Class
- Successfully complete Try Archery
- Ages 9 and up*
- Able to safely participate in group style lessons as determined by our certified instructors.
Intermediate Group Class
- Meet all Beginning level criteria
- Has scored and had verified by an instructor two consecutive FITA 300 rounds of 150 points or more during a FamilyFun Archery sponsored event or class (not open range) @ 18M.
- Able to demonstrate consistent proper stance, nock & anchor
- Can determine proper gap or correctly adjust sight without assistance
- Can identify all parts of either a compound or recurve bow.
Advanced Group Class
- Meet all Intermediate level criteria
- Has scored and had verified by an instructor two consecutive FITA 300 rounds of 200 points or more during a FamilyFun Archery sponsored event or class (not open range) @ 18M.
- Able to demonstrate consistent proper grip, release & posture
- Can identify all parts of both compound and recurve bow
* – Archers must have the focus, strength and maturity to participate regardless of age. FamilyFun Archery Instructors have the final decision to determine if an archer is ready for a group style lesson. If an archer is not ready for a group environment, we have private 1 on 1 lessons that might better fit your particular challenge.